Website by Tammac Consultants cc, 082 872 8681
The committee will provide the following support vehicles
1. Sweep vehicle that can carry a limited number of riders and bikes.
2. Two vehicles to carry food and drinks
3. Ambulance and response vehicle.
4. Motor bikes to help riders below the dam wall.
We encourage participants to stay over and camp with us.
A limited number of tents are provided by the park that will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Riders who bring their own tents will also be accommodated.
For those riders that want to stay over in the Karkloof area, accommodation ranges from camping at the Bushwillow Caravan Park to the more upmarket self-catering Rockwood Lodges. All entrants to the Ride4Rhino must make their own bookings.
For a list of accommodation in the Karkloof area and contact numbers click
Contact: Quinten de Lange
Phone: 060 470 1218
Contact Graham Jewitt
The organizing committee has very limited resources with which to provide support to cyclists whilst they are on route.
We expect each cyclist to arrange the following:
1. A lift back from the finish.
2. Food and drinks which either your seconds or our support vehicle will carry.
3. Commitment to ride in a group (navigation will be by Garmin or similar device)
4. Carry a cell phone and preload numbers that will be given out at the start
5. Carry puncture repair kit (be aware that the rocky section below the dam is not accessible to vehicles).
Seconding is encouraged for this ride provided,
1. Seconds meet their riders for the first time at Craigie Burn dam.
2. Meet for the second time at the resort near the Mooi river falls or near the Middlerus bridge.
3. Riders are welcome to accept lifts from their seconds at any stage of the ride.